Wednesday, March 16, 2011

You know .. the FUNK . . ever had that?

There are many different "funks". Sometimes you can feel the "funk" . . .after to much Thai food (that one goes out to my brother . . I think he invented that one!). .. or when you hear some Hip and Jivin' music .  . . and sometimes you can be in a funk, like after a fight with your significant other ..  . or when you can't seem to get out from under that rain cloud .  . . or when everything you touch instead of turning to gold like you expect, actually breaks .. yea . .the FUNK. So I've been in a bit of an art funk lately .. at least coming into the semester, and boy did the work show it! At the insistence of assignment deadlines I made a platter.  .it was the making of that platter that left with me the feeling that pulled me out of the ever dreaded funk. Like a 10 ton winch would have jerked the Colombian mammoths out of the La Brea tar pits, had someone been there, and happened to have a 10 ton winch laying around. Here is the Platter.





Im not sure if the feling I had while making, and after the completion of the platter comes through fully, but gee whiz Wally it sure was fun . . .and exhilerating to enjoy the making once again. That was the funk saver!! hard to belive I know, but that was it.



And that platter has led to the development of the new work Im about to show you.. ..













3 comments:

  1. Yeah I’ve had the Thai food funk and the Mexican food funk and one time I had the cheese ball funk… Oh and I’m excited about your new work too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The funk saver" needs to become a term that gets said much more often. Congrats on getting excited about work! Always a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete