Friday, January 21, 2011

I think that video confirms the importance of atmosphere in growth and progression . the idea for instance of the bears was mine, that stemmed from the amazing prints of Jay Ryan www.thebirdmachine.com my ideas were jumping as follows. i love his style . . . its so playful and honest . . . i think some of those prints i would like to own, if so i would like them to influence my children( www.thebirdmachine.com/detail.php?uid=DF915A ) why cant i influence my children in the arts. . .i wish some one took me to a museum when i was little and got me started looking at art earlier . . . how could i help my children embrace art now. . if i make art they can relate to then they might find some they enjoy . . .i'll make some prints to help them   . . .i love prints . . the big hungry bear . .if i take stories my children know,   . and  . .creat artistic renderings of characters in their stories . .theymight be interested . . Then Michelle chimed in " your work has no life to it . . your flame is dead" heath"  . . yea  . .your right . . i hate you! " Michelle " i don't care ( smiley face) " and now the big hungry bear series . . .
more to come soon.

P.s. thanks for all the help Michelle, and I'm the best potter in the world!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ok OK! Since my name is mentioned TWICE... let me just say.... that 1. Your work has life to it....2.it's just that you have no life relating to it....3.the flame is dead is refering to how passionate you are or are not when you talk about it....live with it....explain it....think about it....etc. At least with the Big Hungry Bear...I felt the heat from the flames...good idea or bad? who knows. I guess the only way you'll know is to go through the motions of creating it. I wish you much success on journey! It's the journey that counts not the destination right?!? *laughing*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heath, ok....this "conversaiton" that we had should be an ongoing one...a debate of sorts....I looked at your pieces....they have a slight whimsy to them....I think the big hungry bear and all of the characters you can think of should somehow go onto your funcitonal pieces.....i dunno....since i suck at pottery...(YOUR words not mine)....then do not listen to me....as for the comment you made about showing your work next to mine...I would like to continue that conversation. I would like to publicly say that I think my bowls that are painted are very strong....and they are functional in the sense that I could put something in them besides content or concept. I am no Ron Myers, but I do not want to be. So when we meet on monday to look at the space...I banish you to the farthest corner! * evil laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm confused by this post? Although I do like the bird machine link

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banishment . . .I laugh at BANISHMENT!!

    ReplyDelete