Monday, January 24, 2011

Inspiring conversation. .

Sometimes I think forcing it is what makes it dreaded. That's why people often repel the chance for official discussion or statements of true feeling. you know .  . " read this article we are going to talk about it in class . . ." or my favorite. " blog twice a week"  performance anxiety is real, some times things come across as staged  . ." Gotta get my blog in for the week. . " gotta get my participation points for this discussion . ." that sort of think can lead to insincere participation, and less than, if not mediocre results thus causing a downward spiral of moral and interest. I enjoy an intelligent conversation discussing art and all that is wrapped up in it, but I hate when a conversation or discussion is cut short because people, or someone is disinterested. I'll admit in group situations it can be hard to carry on a conversation when one persons body language reeks of boredom.  . or "I'm to cool for this business kind of attitude." or if some one keeps trying to end the debate in one sentence, changing the subject to something less trivial at the end " everyone is entitled to their own opinions, anyone want coffee? " or my other personal favorite . .the unofficial/ OFFICIAL keeper of time. Deciding we have spent enough time on one subject, of piece of work, so its time to move on. . at crit  . . " Well that is all true .  . . now this piece (turning every ones attention to another form) is a good example of blah blah blah!!"
I hope some how I can find something important to say twice a week . . so yall don't hafta read no filler!!
 love Heath
Hope you all take it personal!

4 comments:

  1. oh wow.....the big bear that eats strawberries ...red ones! has a mean side. hmmmm....maybe you should eat an unripe stawberry ...see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the sincerity of your remarks, my first reaction was to defend my actions/guilt in your attack i.e. "we all have to perform, even when we are not inspired" "everybody is busy" " I'm sorry- I can't pay attention all I can think about are the squirrels in my attic!" but then I realized you're just complaining- not offering any solutions- so it's not a conversation. I think you have plenty to blog about- maybe you should do it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Filler is fun! I want more videos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet without deadlines and restrictions, how much would we really get done? I wasn't so sure about these blogs at first, but I'm warming up to the idea.

    ReplyDelete